– Entebbe On arrival at Entebbe International Airport in Uganda you will be welcomed by our representative and transferred for overnight to the hotel, 2 Friends Beach Hotel / Boma Hotel. BB
– Kampala - Ssezibwa Falls – Mabira Forest Full Board. After breakfast, drive along the road to Jinja. Stop over can be made at Ssezibwa Falls, where the legend narrates of the presence of the spirits of the traditional religion, including spirit of water (Mukasa), of hunting (Ddungu), of the rainbow (Musoke) and fertility. Here you will do a guided walk along and around the falls. In the afternoon proceed to Mabira Forest, the symbol of the civil battle for the protection of forests in Uganda. Afternoon nature walk in the forest to know more about its huge biodiversity, in terms of trees species, birds, mammals like monkeys. Dinner and overnight at Rain Forest Lodge. Note: Today drive is about 2 hours, 80 km.
– Source of the Nile / Sipi Falls Full Board. After breakfast, short transfer to Jinja, the capital town of the Basoga, town on the shores of Lake Victoria where you will visit the source of the Nile by canoe. Also you can visit Busoga Kingdom palace in Bugembe and other historical sites. Lunch. In the evening transfer to Mbale and Mount Elgon, the most important region in Uganda for the coffee production, where is cultivated the Bugisu Arabic AA quality, at an altitude of about 2000 meters. Mbale is the capital town of the Bagisu people. Here in even years there are the ritual ceremonies of the circumcisions of the young males in the period between August and December. Dinner and overnight at Mount Elgon Hotel. Note: Today drive is about 2 hours and half, 130 km.
– Sipi Falls / Bugisu Coffee of Mount Elgon Full Board. In the morning visit the panoramic points to see the Sipi Falls of Mount Elgon (Optional: walk to see the Sipi Falls). You will visit the coffee plantations and you experience how the coffee is cultivated, harvested and processed. You work close to the farmers and learn how to pick the coffee. Particularly, we will organize these activities with the support of the Kyagalani Coffee Cooperative of Budadiri, which also owns a coffee factory (if not available, another option will be given). Dinner and overnight at Mount Elgon Hotel.
– Mbale – Gulu Full Board. In the morning your journey proceeds North in the direction of Murchison Falls National Park. Lunch at the restaurant. The road goes through Kumi, Soroti and Lira. In the afternoon / evening you arrive in Gulu, the capital town of the Acholi people. Dinner and overnight at the Comboni Good Samaritans of Gulu. Note: Today drive is about 7 hours, 350 km and there is tarmac road.
– Gulu Acholiland Full Board. In the morning after breakfast, visit the Comboni projects, like the local cooperative of disabled women who work on tailoring and handicraft. We can work together with them and learn about the abilities. Note: today is also possible to organize a special lunch prepared together with the women of the Comboni community in Kirombe as you learn how to cook the typical African food. Gulu is the capital town of the Acholi people. Visit also the historical site of Samuel Baker’s Fort at Patiko, founded in 1872 by Samuel Baker. Visit Saint Mary Lacor Hospital, one of the most important hospitals in Uganda, which was open by Comboni missionaries and later on supported thanks to the Corti Foundation from Italy. Dinner and overnight at the Comboni Good Samaritans of Gulu.
– Murchison Falls National Park Full Board. After breakfast, proceed to Murchison Falls National Park, arrive in time for lunch. In the afternoon game drive to Murchison Falls, the biggest national park in Uganda and according to many the most rewarding for photographic safari. In the geology, it is found where river Nile meets the depression of the Albertine Rift Valley by creating a canyon in the rock, the so called Murchison Falls. Dinner and overnight at Pakuba Lodge / Bwana Tembo Safari Lodge. Note: Today drive is about 3 hours, 190 km.
– Murchison Falls National Park Full Board. After breakfast you will embark on an early morning game drive, explore the savannah in the delta of the Nile on Lake Albert, northern bank. As you view and take memorable photographs of the animals in the wild, you might find elephants, lions, buffalos, giraffes, waterbucks, bushbucks, spotted hyenas and, very rarely, the leopards. Lunch. In the afternoon, you take the boat safari along the river Nile to the base of the magnificent Murchison Falls. It is amazing the concentration of wildlife in the bank of the river Nile, including hippos, crocodiles, and a variety of bird’s species, like African eagles, pelicans, kingfisher, Egyptian geese and much more. Walk to Top of the Murchison Falls. Dinner and overnight at Pakuba Lodge / Bwana Tembo Safari Lodge.
– Budongo Forest Chimpanzee trekking – Bugoma Forest Full Board. After breakfast we organize the chimpanzee trekking in the Budongo forest, the largest remaining tropical forest in Uganda with 790 sq km in size and home to a population of endangered chimpanzees. This is a species of Great Apes who is still endemic of the tropical forest habitat along the Albertine Rift Valley. The trekking is an eco-tourist activity which is possible thank to the conservation work done in the past by the Jane Goodall Institute with the National Forestry Authority to protect the forest and the primates. The guide will explain the history of chimpanzee conservation in Uganda and in Budongo. After lunch, proceed to Bugoma Forest. Dinner and overnight in Hoima at Bugoma Jungle Lodge. Note: Today drive is about 3 hour, about 180km.
– Bugoma Forest Full Board. After breakfast, nature walk in Bugoma Forest. With its size of 410 sq km is the habitat of the endangered chimpanzees and Ugandan mangabeys. It is also the site for a conservation effort by the Association for the Conservation of Bugoma Forest, which works on the nursery project for indigenous tropical tree species and regeneration of degraded areas; the protection of the forest though the private patrol “Chimp T-rap project” started in 2017; the environmental education in the public schools; the local eco-tourism. In 2016 and in 2019 the Association took a step against the attempt by local institution to turn Bugoma Forest into a sugar cane plantation. Eco-tourism activities in Bugoma directly contribute to the protection of this habitat. Therefore, today we organize a nature walk; the possibility to plant a tree contributing to a better future for this ecosystem; we also organize a village walk in the area to get closer to the people; visit the Kisaru Tea estate, one of the typical products of the area. Dinner and overnight in Hoima at Bugoma Jungle Lodge
– Entebbe Half Board. After breakfast, drive back to Entebbe. Lunch en route. Reserved for departure from Entebbe International Airport for evening flight. Note: Today drive is about 5 hours, 250 km on tarmac roads.